Natalya “Tasha” Federinko, MA, LPC, NCC
License Professional Counselor
Call Tasha at 269-345-0909, Extension 408
- Grief and Loss Specializing in Complicated Mourning and Traumatic Loss
- Trauma-Trained Therapist/PTSD/Acute Stress Disorder
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Learning (EAGALA and PATH Certified)
- Supporting families, children, and other individuals with facing disability challenges
- Over 30 year’s experience working with youth and young adults in the areas of counseling, youth ministry, camp and 4-H Programming.
- Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor, who has worked with individuals with cognitive and physical disabilities since 1992.
- Began working as a Grief Counselor in 2007.
- Interned with a Hospice organization, and continues in Hospice work.
- BS – University of Illinois
- MA – Spring Arbor University
- MA – Michigan State University
Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (Equine Activities and Psychotherapy)
Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association
American Counseling Association
American Association of Christian Counselors
Creating a safe space for trust and openness is the basis for my counseling practice. I believe every person, regardless of where they are in their life journey, has immeasurable worth and is beloved by God. Life can be difficult and challenging, certainly. Yet, I truly believe that people can find answers, gain strength, and find new ways to navigate and find peace and meaning. I am honored to companion with my clients on their journey.
My passion is to help individuals challenged by grief, loss, and trauma find hope and healing. I have extensive training in grief therapies and the most current evidence-based interventions for companioning with children and adults impacted by trauma. A huge proponent of experiential therapies, I am working on continuing advanced certification in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy. Equine Therapy is a service Tasha is proud to offer to appropriate clients.
I believe each individual, no matter where they are on their life journey has immeasurable value and is beloved by God. It is an honor to come along beside my clients and hold a safe space for them as they explore ways to both heal, and improve their lives. I believe people CAN heal and get better; I’ve seen it. I aspire to help my clients find hope.