Lauren Brya, LLMSW
Limited Licensed Social Worker
- Foster Care/Adoption
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Family/School/Social Stressors or Transition
- Interning at Wedgwood Christian Services working in both residential treatment and prevention summer programming environments.
- Creating a safe environment for and working with at-risk youth in the Greater Grand Rapids area building social skills and empowering youth to make healthy choices surrounding social pressure while implementing substance use prevention curriculum.
- Build rapport with and establish spiritual, social, and emotional mentoring with adolescents in residential facilities for a variety of treatment reasons including substance use recovery, behavioral and mental health concerns, trauma histories, and foster care
- Interning at Henry Ford Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic in Dearborn, Michigan throughout my MSW program at the University of Michigan.
- Shadowing and providing therapeutic services to children, adolescents, and parents working through a variety of behavioral and mental health concerns such as trauma including sexual, physical, and emotional abuse, grief/loss, ADHD, anxiety, depression and suicidal ideation, and postpartum depression and perinatal mood disorders.
- Many years of youth ministry and mentoring experience with middle and high school students in the greater Kalamazoo Area
- Bachelor of Social Work – Western Michigan University 2019
- Master of Social Work – University of Michigan 2020
- Focus: Interpersonal Practice with Children & Youth in Families and Society
I am deeply honored to be considered for the important role as a therapist/counselor for you or a child you care for. I believe this work is a partnership between the client and myself. We will tend to the heart, mind, body, and should you desire, spirit, when establishing and working toward your goals. I am passionate about following the Holy Spirit’s lead as I utilize interventions drawn from evidence-based techniques as well as creative, interpersonal, and compassionate approaches.
My experience and education has lent me incredible wisdom from experienced clinicians and social workers who inspire me to pursue excellence in the care I provide to my clients. I see value in understanding how all aspects of an individual’s life can impact mental wellness and social well-being. Should you consider selecting me as the counselor for the care you are seeking I will seek the expertise you have over your story as we join efforts in exploring all the healing and progress available for you.